We would like to invite all underserved and underrepresented minority Chicago high school students (Freshmen to Seniors) to explore careers in medicine, dentistry, and the allied health professions (Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants). This event is for serious minded students who want to become a physician, dentist, or Allied Health Profession.
Our max capacity is 100 students, so the first to register will be selected.
Our Project Outreach and Prevention (POP) on Youth Violence is partnering with:
- Brief Black History Tribute to Minority Physicians
- Outline of steps to become a physician from Freshmen to MD/Dentist
- Best Practice on how to Excel in High School/College and on Multiple Choice Exams
- Panel discussions with pre-health professional and medical school students.
- Panel discussions with physicians, dentists, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- Receive certification on Stopping the Bleed Initiative